Friday, November 25, 2005

Yay TG!!!

Of course I didn't join the group of creepy expats celebrating the genocide of indigenous Americans by stuffing myself with turkey and shit, but rather, I spent it with people I have grown to love, and it was a noche de alegria. We smoked a fuckin hookah, which is random as all hell, but is fun. We talked about the origin of the roma (gypsies) and the US embassador in Nicaragua being a fuckwad. My boy told stories about Cuba, which he always does, and Leslie's boy talked about some abstract painters that he likes. I told Gustavo how we learn in school that TG is the celebration of the "Indians" sharing with the "Pilgrims", which he found to be outrageously funny. A los gringos les gusta pensar que todo que hacen es bueno, dijo; Gringos like to think that everything they do is good! We ate hummus and falafel, which I hadn't had for almost three months, watched some Nicaraguan belly dancers do their thing, and went to bed very, very happy.

Here's to creating new families!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home