Thursday, June 02, 2005

On being goal oriented.

What kinds of goals do most people set for themselves? Is there some type of personality type by which you set more or less realistic goals?

I'm wondering this because every day at work, I make myself a to do list with lots of goals which are never attainable for the day. The end result is that I usually push myself pretty hard, but I never get everything done. I either feel okay or feel guilty and pledge to do more the next time, but hardly ever do. In recent conversations, I've been realizing how pushing myself to work really hard is going to backfire at some point, because I end up tearing myself down in the meantime. There must be some perfect amount of pushing that isn't tearing. I would like to find that.

I should push myself to read Woodward's piece.

On the average day, I learn about so many fascinating things: Washington state welfare system, racism in Denver public schools, immigrants in the Carolinas, street vendors in New York city. Damn I'm a lucky woman.

There's this creepy guy I used to hook up with who loved to jerk off till he came on my tits. He keeps emailing me about it, then disappearing, then acting as if no time has passed. Why? My 40 year old is resurfacing also. This is all insurmountably confusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home