Thursday, December 08, 2005

11 days, 14 teenagers...

Can be a bit overwhelming, but this one went really well. Sometimes they'd be meeting with maquila workers or with the ambassador himself (!) and they'd be staring off into space and I'd want to kill them, but they were good kids and by the end were passionate about what they learned. I have doubts but when I send people like them off telling me what an amazing experience they've had I have to realize that what we are doing is creating activists one by one and that is beautiful. Their teacher told me that she thinks I'm in exactly the right place doing exactly the right thing and I have to say that I was actually thinking the same thing! Oh, and I translated well too, which makes me feel a million times more confident.

And, it just feels so good to come home to someone after all of that, and to make plans for the future, and to argue about politics, and to fall asleep in someone's arms. I had cut off the side of myself that needs that, and it feels good to let it breathe again. Love is easy to get lost in, but when you are left without options but to jump in with two feet, then you got to be brave I guess.

Feeling good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home