Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Holidays!

A few thoughts:

CAFTA passed in the Senate. Although it still has to get by the house, I think the last-minute sugar compromise was largely responsible for it, which isn't too surprising. It's somehow really depressing, though, because I know so many people who have devoted the better part of the last few years working to defeat it.

Dust. Cleaning out my apartment last night to get ready for my new roommate's arrival, I was struck by the amount of particles of dust, dirt, and trash that living creates. We leave particles of our hair and our receipts and our coins and it just collects, and we vaccuum it up. It was especially striking to me since, being the one left behind, I am the one cleaning up what remains of two people's presence for an entire year. Wow, I'm glad I'm getting out of here, if only for a little while.

Well, I'm off for the weekend, hope everyone's is fantastic!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home