Monday, July 11, 2005

and now: freak out!

So, it's finally "hitting me", "sinking in", etc.

I am leaving.

In less than two months.

For two years.

To go to a foreign city, where I do not know anyone, to do a very intense job with a small group of people with whom I will live and work in the same close quarters.

I am leaving my job. My first job ever. Is almost over.
Over!

I am leaving DC. All the friendships I've made here will be on hold for two years. I will lose touch with many people.

I do not know what this job will lead to, and I do not know how it will affect me. (Not that that's new, that is the human condition, obviously.)

I will probably be very lonely, at least in the beginning. (also human condition?)

I may realize this isn't what I want and that I don't know what I want. (also? Maybe I should write "HC" for the things that I consider to be part of the human condition.)

Phew, having my fears written down and now broadcast in cyberspace makes me feel infinitely better. If this is all I fear, and at least three things are always going to be among my fears, what's really holding me back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home