Monday, June 13, 2005

ew!!

I'm covered in sweat. That's what you get from walking back from dupont in the middle of the afternoon when it's 95 degrees out. Damn. By the way, is there a name for the stretch on Mass Ave (why does everyone always insist on calling it that? I like saying, "massachusetts" but if you say that to a washingtonian, they narrow their eyes and say, "mass ave?") where brookings, carnegie endowment, and SAIS are? It should be international affairs area or something. Well, I guess that's what foggy bottom is, theoretically. damn government.

Speaking of government, I liked this article. DCRA has really been giving me the runaround for this research that I'm trying to do for one of my articles, on stuff that should be public record. Do all government bodies necessarily have to be clogged with bureaucracy to the point of inanity? Is that a really naive and obvious question to ask? Not that I'm asking anything as easy as who their board members are, but they keep telling me to file a FOIA request also. Um, don't FOIA requests take up a lot of time for both me and everyone else, a lot more than simply telling me would be? Maybe they have self preservation syndrome, which is what foundations always fear nonprofits have, i.e., being ineffectual to continue needing to exist (which, by the way, I don't really believe nonprofits do, although I'm sure somewhere out there there is one that has that problem). Not that government will cease to exist like nonprofits, but I guess they do create a lot of artificial needs by being so inefficient that keep people employed.

I like the word "chortle". Does anyone use it? Joy?

Sone kid was terrorizing me at the bus stop today. He kept circling me saying, buzz buzz. Was he implying that he was a bee about to bite me?!?! Damn kids.

Speaking of random interactions, some man told me today that I have "sexy big legs". I was wearing a skirt that is pretty long, so he couldn't actually see them, but still, big legs?!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now, now, brynne, you know chortle is my most favoritest word ever! did you also know that i am an M.A. candidate and an english teacher, and therefore phrases like "most favoritest" just sound idiotic coming out of my...keyboard?

8:42 AM  
Blogger Brynne said...

I thought I could imagine you saying it! Especially shaking your shoulders...

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home